Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy New Year


Yes, I'm a bit late in offering New Year wishes. My youngest was just asking today if he can still tell people "Happy New Year". Of course, my answer was yes!

By this time, the rush to find 'resolutions' has passed...I hope. Now we've settled into the new year and are back to our routine. This is a great time, however, to establish some new routines in your marriage.

I know how hard it is to have a date. My DH works nights and sleeps during the day. This makes weekend date nights hard to come by. Knowing how important dates are, though, we've started implementing "at home dates". During these times we turn off the TV and focus on each other. Sometimes this just means getting caught up on the everday issues that have been lost due to our busy schedules. Sometimes it means planning (goals, finances, etc). Sometimes it means a back porch candlelight dinner. Sometimes it just means laughing and being silly. The important part is the time together.

So, I encourage you to find some time to be with your spouse each month. I'm not going to be unrealistic and expect this will happen weekly for you. It certainly doesn't for US! Get creative, though, and find some time for just the two of you. You'll be amazed how much this brings new life to your wintertime marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment